Pages

04 November 2014

Some Adventuring Together


Oh, it has been so utterly marvelous to have day after day with my mother here. Not only do we get the simple pleasures of breakfasts together and evening fireside chats in our jammies, we get to do some adventuring together.

This past weekend we journeyed to the north to see Mont St-Michel. What a stunning sight.

I can't express how privileged I feel to be having these experiences with my family and, in this case, to be sharing them with my mama. Our days here are not always easy nor comfortable, yet they are so worth it. 

There are times I feel stretched beyond my limit, but goodness. Look where were we are.

And my mama? She is here just loving us, feeding into us, cheering us on, affirming us, and experiencing life with us. I love every moment of her presence. 

So, so grateful.

2 comments:

  1. I love Mont St-Michel. I remember visiting on a school trip to France as a child. We visited again a few years ago. There is something quite mystical about the causeway and how it disappears to create a little island.

    I have just thought of another place to visit in France that we really enjoyed. It was St Nazaire (I think that is how it is spelt) on the west coast. We visited on our way back from a holiday in the Vendee. There is a wonderful Ocean liner museum there that is really worth a visit. The town is also very interesting as it is where the Germans housed their submarines during the Occupation in World War II.

    It's great to hear that you are enjoying some lovely family time with your mother.

    ReplyDelete