Pages

07 December 2010

To Accomplish the Christmas Card

It's been a few years since my last attempt, but today I sat down to compose some Christmas cards. And I even liked it. You see, in the past it seemed to be such a herculean task to undertake. The letter, the postage, the photo and the ever expanding address list. At the very thought of it, my shoulders would slump, I'd develop a facial tick, and have to go eat the heads off of five gingerbread men.

However, this year is different. I'm sending out just a handful of cards with the recognition that not everyone that I love dearly or barely even know has to receive one. (So if you don't find one in your mailbox this year, just know that I am lazy and I still adore you now just as much as I ever did.)

Today I picked up some lovely evergreen postage stamps and a small set of photographs to tuck inside the cards. The photograph is not the crazed forest family image ... Lucette was just too mortified that her frumping was captured and the masses might be sent a copy of her meltdown moment. However, I am still sending out an equally odd and unrefined photo in which I manage to sport a sizable double chin. And I'm fine with it.

So there we have it. Cards done, no stress, and it's early December. What a concept!