Pages

29 September 2010

I'm Kinda Giddy About It

This last weekend I had my first official ... photo shoot. A darling neighbor family of ours with the cutest salamander-loving four year-old ever. I snapped and clicked away and they were exceedingly patient and willing subjects.

I instantly fell in love with the craft when first began my photography voyage almost two years ago. Ever since then, I've become a near photo-addict, whipping out the camera at any given moment. There is so much room for improvement still, but I feel like I've grown and developed new skill along the way. It hasn't been until recently that I felt like maybe, just maybe, I could try my hand at a mini-mini-business.

While I consider myself far from the level of professionals, I'm finding there is some freedom in that. My shots don't have to be perfect, 'cause I'm no pro! So, I'm taking a stab at hiring myself out for a minimal fee, taking some photos, earning some change, and a family goes home with fresh pics for a fraction of what they would pay a real photographer. Kind of a win-win for everyone!

So, thank you Dawnelle and Lissa for encouraging me to dip a toe into these waters and for graciously sharing your expertise with me! I'm really excited.

9 comments:

  1. yippeee congrats these look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be giddy... and so should all the photogenic families who will reap the benefits of your talents! Here's wishing you the very best with this new endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaayyyyyyy!!!! Oh my goodness! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's terrific, Anna! It's something I've dreamed of doing once I can afford a camera that's worthy of it -- right now it's just point and shoot! But I still take photos all the time. So glad you're developing your talent (Pardon the pun)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! I think you will do very well at this because your photos are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh YEA for you!!!! I am so happy for you and SO PROUD of you!!! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect fit...and how lucky we all are to have your gifts available to the rest of us. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete