Pages

19 May 2009

At Home with Me

I am finding great delight in the objects that have come from Great Mother's home to live at mine. Here is a first glimpse:

- Little woodland deer. -
I love that she painted these herself and the memories they evoke of all her backyard escapades with these sweet, but naughty creatures.

- Mid-Century Modern circular coffee table from Lane. Circa 196o's. -
Fabulous low-profile Danish style. Oh, how I'd love to stumble upon one of the coordinating end tables one of these days.

4 comments:

  1. love the pictures. where did you put the table??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ditching the cheapy table in the front room for this one. I love that it is round...breaks up all the rectangular pieces I seem to have collected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved inheriting some special pieces from my grandmother... there is something comforting in having them around as reminders.

    I dig the Danish mod table... you knew I would. And, as a comment to your comment above, a while back the professor (our resident decorator, he's much more opinionated about furnishings than I am) declared the we have "too many rectangles in the living room!" Ahem, we have been and are in the market for an oval, Danish modern coffee table. A surf board table would be just right, thankyouverymuch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Anna-
    I love all the treasures that I aquired from my grandmother. The memories are so lovely and bring such joy to my heart.
    BTW I love your hobnob vase. Stunning.
    Have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete