Pages

14 April 2009

Aunt Pauline's Pecan Pie


 
 Aunt Pauline is good at many things. Hostessing, gardening, laughing at my lame jokes... But while possessing myriad skills, I must say she really does excel in the kitchen.



She made pecan pie. It was really good. I had two pieces. I had to force myself to avoid complete gluttony and walk away from the third that was taunting me.

I think Easter should always include pie. In fact, I think pie is the perfect celebratory crescendo to any holiday. Hmmm. Which one is next? Earth Day? Flag Day? I wonder if Aunt Pauline already has plans...

5 comments:

  1. Great pies AND she laughs at your jokes? Almost too good to be true!

    :)
    kidding! Love you, A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pie looks so good. I made a lemon mergaigne (sp?)pie from scratch, it was good but lacked the beauty from a bakery. LOL I will try again. :)
    Blessings
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, pecan...my favorite!
    I asked my guy what his favorite kind of pie was and he responded with, "Well, if I had to choose; apple. But I don't really like pies." Say what??? Pies are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love your blog, Anna! Feels like home...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think pecan pie is one of my favorites. It is so easy to make that along puts it at the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete